Tuesday, July 19, 2011

3 wonderful Young men

You know.....as I parent my kids, I am constantly drawing from Paula's parenting style. Although always nurturing, she was tough and consistent with the discipline, and when needed, was very protective and always understanding. I can't seem to find the balance she made look so easy. One thing's for sure, she gives them every ounce of attention they need. From the moment they were born, she sacrificed her time for them, often spending countless hours rolling, throwing, and bouncing balls to them up at the school ground during our family gatherings. Most times well past dark. And lets not forget her trips to Oshmans so her boys, their cousins, and usually a few extra friends could play on the store's demo courts.  I think they knew her by name in that store. Anyway, her little boys have grown up to be such great young men, I hope my kids turn out to be as great as hers. Thanks, Paula, for being such a great mentor to me all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment