Monday, July 25, 2011


One of the things that makes Austin my home is the life-long friends I have here. I've known Paula and the other ladies pictured here for so long, I can't even remember how old we were when we met. We were little kids at Westenfield Pool and we spent every single summer together. We didn't know it then, but those were the BEST days of our lives.

I have so many memories, but one that sticks out is that when Jeff and I moved back to Austin after living in San Marcos while we went to college, we had a party at our duplex in NW Austin. I hadn't seen Paula in a while, but we invited her and Jake. Bless their hearts - they came. They didn't know another soul there, but they came to welcome us back to Austin. And that is why this place is my spiritual home. Deep roots and dear friends keep me here, even when it's over 100 degrees for days on end! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how great it must be to have friendships with a circle of girls since childhood. How special is that.

    ReplyDelete